Monday, August 25, 2014

Bus stops and buses

Back when I was in Pune,
I had a bike as a means from getting A to B,
The buses and the bus stops were just a thing I would see,
in the background as sheep on hills that roam a-free,
As is with the sheep and mountains, you associate with them not,
they are just things you pass by and forgot,
aren't the people then on the bus stops just the same,
you don't associate with them, they have no name.
This thought scares me, the bike I view as my power,
it puts me in this ivory tower,
from which I can afford to pass people,
and care for them not.
That is what  good fortune does to people,
insulates them from the harsher realities of life,
and it doesn't make you strife.
What is the bike after all, it is a service independent of people,
it is a thing not affected by the vagaries of weather, traffic, people.
Is this not what we towards in life,
a sense of security, at any cost, at any price.
For all like me who have felt the same, next time you feel it building,
go by the bus to work that day, and hope that she will be late,
the best lesson you would learn that day when you say to yourself,
She cometh not, She cometh not!

No comments:

Post a Comment